Thursday, April 9, 2009

"My Pony, I'd Like You To Meet The Web. Web, This Is My Pony."

or the alternative title: "No, 'My Pony' Is Not A Euphemism You Sick, Sick Person"


Yep, I have a pony. My Pony is named...well, My Pony. She’s a bit cheeky and inappropriate at times, but she’s definitely the “I’ll do anything once” type of pony.

I got her when she was tossed into a discount bin at a Rite Aid in downtown L.A. I was there for an arbitration (I’m a paralegal) and there had been a long-standing joke that I was getting so much overtime from the case that I could buy myself a pony. Call it fate, destiny, or kismet, it was just one of those moments. I was standing in the checkout line and there she was. Sure, her mane wasn’t full and perfect anymore. Sure, her legs are a little bit wobbly. And sure, she may not be the young filly she once was, but neither am I at the ripe 'ol age of 37. At that moment, our fates were inexplicably merged. She knew it too.

Today, she watches over my office in a highrise building in San Francisco’s financial district. She sits on her bookshelf quietly with just a hint of a smile. My only hope is that we can share many interesting adventures together. Being from Los Angeles, San Francisco wasn’t that far of a journey, and now it's home. She’s also traveled to Seattle with a friend of mine where she ventured to the top of the Space Needle. She was also kidnapped and I had to pay a ransom of a plate of chocolate chip cookies. We'll try to remember the good times and put the bad times behind us.

So, My Pony, please say hello to the Web. Web, I’d like to introduce you to My Pony.

No comments:

Post a Comment