Thursday, April 9, 2009

"My Tribute To The Big Guy"

No, the tribute isn't to God or any other higher being. The title of this blog is a tribute to my dearly departed Dad who we use to call the Big Guy. He's been gone for a little over four years, but I still miss him. And the one phrase that always reminds me of him is now the title of this blog.

Of course, he had a number of sayings that still make me laugh and are brought up at our family get-togethers, but "what do you want outta me?" was really the Big Guy's best known saying. Other sayings such as "not too nice now; not too nice" and the infamous "give her the sausage" are still heard every so often in my head.

So for now, with the Big Guy still in my mind and in my heart, that's the start of this blog. I miss him even if he was a little quirky.

Here's to you Big Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment